You're about to meet with a husband and wife, ages 62 and 64, who are hoping to retire within the next few years.
They feel pretty good about how much they’ve saved over the years – a little more than $1M across 401ks/IRAs and a brokerage account. They want to talk to you about how soon they can retire.
They’ve returned the attached fact finder document to you. Click here to download: Case Study - Late-Game Reality Check - Fact Finder.
Your goals are:
- Assess their current situation, make recommendations to hit their goals
- Portfolio targeted return
- Retirement income goal
- Retirement ages
- Pre-retirement Savings
- Stress test their plan
- Educate client on key points (shortfalls, ending assets, Income Stability Ratio)
- Illustrate a few options
- Annuity with living benefit rider
- IUL policy
- Give them a recap presentation of their options